Our Center Preschool in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Full-day, year-round preschool program from infant through age 12
Watch your child’s confidence grow as they learn about the world and how it works. We care for your child in our bright and airy classrooms. Two playgrounds provide ample outside play. Our monthly tuition includes breakfast and snacks, with lunch options available. Come by and see our teachers in action.
We lay the foundation for children’s early experiences so that their later learning and achievement is set for primary and secondary schooling. As you will watch your child’s confidence grow as they learn about the world around them and how it works, we therefore can guarantee you that your investment increases the effectiveness of later investments. Your child will be able to build on their imagination and interact with other children, expanding their thinking beyond prior knowledge. Because they will be able to build on their curiosity it therefore opens up doors for their future!
Established and Founded in 2012 by a frustrated working mom who couldn’t find a quality and affordable program that was convenient for a working family, TopHat Childcare blends the best of Preschools. We have grown quickly, starting with Pre-K and adding Toddlers and Infants. Our teachers are experienced and loving and we have truly developed a warm and friendly environment where children are happy to arrive, and parents know their children are safe while they work. Part of our mission is to continue to fulfill the vision which includes educating young children in such a way that will create a more gentle, loving, and peaceful world in the future where all life and all cultures are respected and appreciated at all times.
Part of our mission is to continue to fulfill the vision which includes educating young children in such a way that will create a more gentle, loving, and peaceful world in the future where all life and all cultures are respected and appreciated at all times.
How are we different from other schools?
- TopHat Childcare is a school serving Gaithersburg, Montgomery Village, and upper Montgomery County communities in Maryland. Providing all-day, all-year programs for the children of today’s working families we are committed to the Safety, Wellbeing and Development of all children. Our programs and pricing meet the needs of families with children too young for Elementary school, so you can go to work without worry. Let us be your go-to daycare in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and its surrounding communities. Below are a list of amenities that we offer here:
- We work with children who have been diagnosed with ADHD and who are gifted and talented in ways which optimize children’s strengths and facilitate achievement in positive inspiring ways
- Our Curriculum is tailor-made based on each child’s needs. We also offer a learning curriculum that is centered around weekly themes, letter of the week as well as number of the week.
- Staff/Student Ratio of 1/3 for children under 2 years old, 1/6 for children 2-3 years old, and 1/10 for children 3-6 years old – We have more teachers on hand to fit over ratio so that each child is given a fair chance.
- As you walk through our bright and airy classrooms, you can see that the methods and materials work well with our curriculum.
- Classrooms are designed specifically for education
- Located near Flower Hill Way in a very quiet, safe neighborhood
- School monitored by security guards
- 2 spacious secure playgrounds
- Accessible to Rt.355/Rt.28/I-270 from Gaitherburg, Rockville, Germantown, North Potomac, and local areas
- We work hard to make the program convenient for working families open 5 days a week from 7:00 am until 6:30pm
- We offer Early Bird or Extended Day Program to suit the specific parent needs, 5 days a week.
- Parent events, PTA meetings and teacher meetings are held at the end of the day as well or during pick-up hours
- Online parent communication with daily reports on meals and snacks, naps, diaper changes, and classroom activities
- No teacher work days or early closings
- A single monthly tuition payment covers all costs, with no surprise charges
- Closed only on holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Day), and for weather only when the roads are not safe for travel
We are committed to providing a better alternative to families who leave their children in the care of others while they work during the weekdays. We use teaching methods to engage children, so they develop a sense of confidence based on accomplishment, learn to care for themselves and others, and learn that the world is a good place. We are dedicated to inclusiveness, social justice, and promoting appreciation between different cultures, races, religions, and nationalities.
Part of our mission is to continue to fulfill the vision, which includes educating young children in such a way that will create a more gentle, loving, and peaceful world in the future where all life and all cultures are respected and appreciated at all times.
Our vision for TopHat Childcare is based on the teachings summarized in the following quote from a book:
“There is in the child a special kind of sensitivity which leads him to absorb everything about him, and it is this work that alone enables him to adapt himself to life.”
Children are at the center of all that we do.
The Light in Every Child. See and nurture the potential adult in each child. We see it every day when one of our students does something for the first time. They smile, but more than that, their face and even their whole body show their joy in learning something new. That moment is what drives everything we do at TopHat Childcare. We believe that children who grow up with this kind of learning are the best equipped to tackle the challenges they will face.